Greetings from DMHSS Governing Board!
Dimapur Mission Higher Secondary School, sponsored by Dimapur Ao Baptist Church was established in the year 1985 bringing to fulfillment the decision taken by the Church on the occasion of its Silver Jubilee Celebration in October 1983. The School had a modest start in an E-shaped thatch house at the present site with an enrolment of 324 students from classes A to 6 and 16 staff members. Today, through the determined and cohesive effort of all the stakeholders over the years, the School is housed in well furnished multi-storied infrastructure with about 900 students and 45 staff members. The School, affiliated to the Nagaland Board of School Education, was upgraded to Class 10 and 12 (Arts) standard in 1989 and 2001 respectively.
The Mission of the School is to prepare and equip every child with competitive quality education and strong moral and spiritual foundation to enable them to face the challenges of the world and serve humanity with missionary zeal. Towards achieving this target the School is blessed to have a very committed, qualified and well-experienced team of teachers. Our Teachers possess the following outstanding qualities:
- They are passionate about teaching young people.
- They understand the lessons that are to be taught and know how to explain the lessons in a manner that the students understand.
- They are excellent and effective communicators.
- They demonstrate a caring attitude.
- They are proactive rather than reactive.
The School has also invested much effort to provide the students and teachers with the following modern and comfortable infrastructure to facilitate quality teaching-learning:
- Smart classrooms
- Air-conditioned library
- Comfortable teachers’ room
- Air-conditioned science laboratory
- Well-furnished, spacious and professionally run hostel
The Governing Board is totally committed to the process of developing DMHSS into one of the premier schools in the State and in this endeavor it solicits the cooperation of all stakeholders.
With the launching of the School website we request our esteemed parents, teachers, students and all concerned to share ideas, information, grievances and suggestions relating to School affairs for further improvement of the Institution.
Chairman, Governing Board.
Dimapur Mission Higher Secondary School
Governing Board Members at present, 2023
1. Dr. T. Jamedi Longkumer, Chairman.
2. Rev. I. wati Pastor, DABA (Member)
3. Dr. Maongkala Longchar (Member)
4. Mr. Bendang Imsong (Member)
5. Ms. Imkongmenla Longkumer (Member)
6. Mr. Wati (Member)
7. Mr. S. Imliwapang (Member)
8. Dr. Imna Longchar (Member)
9. Mr. Alemtushi Imchen Principal ( Secretary
10. Mrs. Mary Kangabam Jamir (Teachers’ Representative)
SCHOOL BOARD COMPOSITION
The school managing Board will consists of the following 11 members with voting rights:
- DABA Pastoral representative – 1.
- School Principal- 1, Member Secretary
- DABA Deacon Representative – 2, Members
- Church Members’ representative – 5, Members
- Teacher representative – 1, Member
- Govt. of Nagaland, Education Department representative – District Education Officer, Member.
The Board Chairman shall be elected/selected from among the Board members.